Star Wars: Fate of the Phoenix
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Vaster Straxx is an attractive woman, slightly above average height according to human standards with a slender, graceful build. Her appearance and demeanor vary wildly depending on her situation and mission. While she is on base, her dark hair is usually pulled back away from her face. She always wears goggles or other technological type of vision filters. Her skin, while naturally olive toned, is fair and clear from lack of exposure to solar rays. She is generally friendly and engaging, able to blend well with just about any type of company. Her lips are often twisted in a slight smile and her voice is even pitched and musical even to the extremely discerning ear. While on base, Vaster wears her uniform. However, in the field her clothing and demeanor change depending on her mission objective.
Her race/species is not commonly known and most assume that she is as human as she appears.
Born to parents of the servant class in the Jedi temple, her very young life changed after the Jedi purge. She fled to Talus and raised herself in the streets before she was “discovered” by a very canny Bothan who recognized her unique abilities. He took her under his wing and trained her. She has often traveled and worked alone on various missions for him, but has no problem working as part of a team should the mission require it. When her mentor joined the Rebellion, she had no qualms about joining herself, since that is one significant goal she has always shared with her mentor. Take down the Empire!
CONCEPT Infiltrator/Spy/Black Ops
- Avron Straxx – Deceased
- Lelia Straxx – Deceased
Vaster was born on Coruscant to Avron and Lelia Straxx, a couple who worked at the Jedi temple, although neither parent was a Jedi in spite of their native Force sensitivity. Lelia Straxx worked with Jocasta Nu as an assistant, and Avron worked in facilities maintenance. She was chosen to follow the Jedi path rather than following in her parents’ footsteps.
Her entire life changed, however, in her thirteenth year. The day had begun normally with classes, some time visiting with friends, then home to wait for her parents’ return from work. Late that evening, the communicator buzzed, and upon seeing that it was from her mother at the library, Vaster answered. It was indeed her mother, barely disguising the panic and desperation in her voice, who gave her daughter very specific instructions.
Lelia told Vaster to pack an overnight bag and then withdraw all the funds from their bank account. Lelia told her daughter to go to the starport and book passage on the next ship to Talus, in the Corellian system, no matter what the cost. Vaster was told that they would meet her there in two days. Lelia said that there was trouble at the temple. Her last instructions were to tell Vaster to tell no one of her association with the Jedi and to pretend as best she could that she was a normal human.
Vaster did as she was told with relative ease. That evening there was indeed a freighter heading to Talus for repairs and upgrades, and the captain of that vessel was more than willing to relieve a young lady of several thousand Republican credits to deliver her there to visit her family. Soon, Vaster found herself alone on Talus, and she checked into a hotel near the starport.
The days came and went as she waited for her parents. She saw the news about the Jedi attacking the Emporer, and the retribution enacted at the now destroyed Jedi temple and knew that her parents may not ever come for her. Days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and soon her funds were out. She found herself sleeping in the streets and stealing her food, and Vaster learned quickly how to avoid dangerous people and situations, and the police.
Then one day, she tried to pick the pocket of the wrong Bothan. She should have known better than to steal from one of those very canny beings. Regardless, he caught her at it. However, rather than turn her over to the authorities (he had his own reasons for not wanting to draw that kind of attention), he looked at the malnourished girl and took her to the nearest cantina to feed her.
....to be continued….
NPC DESCRIPTIONS OF HER CHARACTER
- a. Food – Podon-Brandifert sweet tarts
- b. Beverage – Whyrren’s Reserve (a rare, expensive Corellian whiskey with an amber color and a crisp, woody taste)
- c. Color – Blue
- d. Gemstone – Blue
- e. Animal – Corellian sand panther and the Song rasp
- f. Season – Warm
- g. Time of day – late, late night
- h. Smell – Freshly cut Velanie flowers
- i. Flower – the Velanie flower
- a. Significant Possession: A case of Whyrren’s Reserve. It is kept in a special, hard metallic case to protect both the bottles themselves, and the integrity (taste, color, texture, etc) of the beverage inside.
- b. Sentimental Bauble: A slender opaque white stone medallion given to her by her mother on her tenth birthday. She wears it while on base but will leave it with her possessions while on a mission so that she will not be identified by it.
- a. Afraid of:
- b. Uncomfortable around:
- c. Really dislike:
- a. Name three of your character’s fears: one each from youth, the present, and the future.
- b. What emotions does your character not reveal in public?
- c. Who did/does your character look to for inspiration? Guidance?
- d. Describe your character’s bedroom/apartment/room/ship.
- e. Describe your character’s first love or crush (Jedi can obviously skip this one).
- f. Do “the needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the one?”
- g. Who is your character’s best friend? Describe him or her. Alive? Dead?
- h. What is your character’s heart’s desire?
- i. What does your character think of lies?
- j. How does your character think he or she will die?
V. Other things that are “impressive”
Vaster as her alternate identity, Estrella Storey, Systems Analysis and Repairs
Vaster as her alternate identity, Kirenia Long, Actress, Singer, Fortune-teller